metro mama

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Not Enough Hours

How did nearly three weeks go by already? That is insane. I’m still loving being back at work, except for the sad fact that there really, really aren’t enough hours in the day. The fam is doing great—they miss me, but they’re fine. Cakes is actually a lot sweeter to me than usual, and I’ve been coming home to lovely new art with my name on it, and big hugs.

I started riding my bike to work this week! What a revelation. I’m here in twenty minutes, and it’s such a great way to start the day. I’m still a big awkward—I almost ran over a jogger the other day. Plus I need some gear: I had elastic bands around my ankles the other day when I wore extra long pants. I felt really hardcore last night when I rode home in the rain. Yes, biking to work rocks, and I highly recommend it.

Sherwood is a joy, but we have to get the dude out of our bed. This week he’s been waking me at least three times each night, sometimes just to cuddle. And he’s so close to crawling, he can’t be left alone in our bed anymore. Summer is coming, and I want to be able to put him down and head to the backyard with my vino!

Speaking of outdoors, I think the garden is going to be spectacular this year. I love the Spring; it holds so much promise. I will post a pic soon.

In the meantime, here’s a recent pic of Sherwood. Isn’t he delish?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger max said...

He's adorable...and he looks exactly like you!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Highwaisted said...

i love love love biking to work too!

such a nice new world to be a part of. can't believe i waited this long.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

He is so adorable. I miss you, and Toronto!

5:20 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

Now that I have a bike, I wish I was close enough to ride it to work, but there's no way in Hades. But you're right about two things - that there are definitely not enough hours in the day, and that Sherwood is ridiculously yummy.

12:11 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

It's so true, and even more so with two, that we could use a whole extra day each week! I wish work were a bit closer, and not all along Bloor, so I could ride. I love riding a bike, it's always felt like flying to me.

But that baby - such a mashup of you two! Wow. We should talk clothing sizes, because I probably have a bunch of stuff for you for this summer.

2:06 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Love that you are biking. I want a pic of proof however......bwahahahaha

10:07 PM  
Blogger Barrie said...

I was wondering if you'd gone back yet. Glad I checked in. You look great, BTW. ;)

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.