metro mama

Saturday, February 13, 2010

A List in Lieu of Something Thoughtful

Wow, I find myself with a glass of wine and a precious free hour and I don’t know what to do. I’m not up to writing a book review tonight, and I desperately need to write something here, but I don’t really have anything I’m itching to spill. I do have a few small things though, that don’t warrant their own posts:

1. Wasn’t it fun watching the opening ceremonies last night with Twitter? How did we watch these marathon television events before we could snipe away during the boring bits. I may have to watch the Oscars this year too.

2. Seriously though, there weren’t that many boring bits. I thought it was pretty well done. My highlight, for sure, was kd lang singing Hallelujah. I turned off Twitter and sat back and enjoyed.

3. Weren’t you dying when the fourth phallus wouldn’t rise?

4. Is anyone else watching Survivor Heroes vs. Villains? I am for the first time in five years. I can’t resist Boston Rob! Love him. Also glad to see Tom, Stephanie and Colby back. Who is your money on?

5. I go back to work in six weeks, and I need to update my wardrobe. What are your essentials? Where are your favourite places to shop? What is the must have for spring?

6. What can I do with my almost five-year-old girl that I will enjoy too? With the baby who never stops nursing, I haven’t been spending enough time with Cakes, and I need to remedy that.

7. For those who co-slept, when did you kick the baby out of your bed? Any tips for me? I’m starting to get a little weary of waking up with four inches of space.

8. I just signed up for zip.ca. What movies or shows should I put on my list?

10 Comments:

Anonymous mrsgryphon said...

Loved (most of) the Opening Ceremonies, especially KD Lang. She does the BEST version of Hallelujah, as far as I'm concerned.

Re: Zip.ca - we signed up in January, and so far they've been really good for the bit more obscure movies. The blockbusters seem to be pretty tough to get (the green "DVD Availability" bars are really low!) but indies/foreign films are a little more readily available. Good experience with them so far!!

1:43 AM  
Anonymous kate said...

7. I think I kept trying to get him out of our bed for the whole time, but it didn't start being successful until he turned 2 and we set him up in a big boy bed. I think he just didn't like the crib.

8:28 AM  
Blogger moplans said...

when you get the answers for #5 let me know ok?

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went back to work when the Sproglette was 11 months. I hadn't worked in an office based job for three years by that stage, so I had nada... All my shopping is done at Target! It gets messy before and after work, it get stretched and ripped, so I don't spend a lot of money on my work wardrobe at this point. Regardless of that, though, Target in Australia has a great range this season (not sure if it's the same as Canada).

And we co-slept on and off from about 2 months to eight months. Kicked the Sproglette out of bed when I decided I didn't want to feed her through the night anymore. We had about three very sleepless nights in a row where I was laying next to the cot with my arm in the rails patting her to sleep, but she was fine after that.

Hope that helps!

8:05 AM  
Blogger wherewiller said...

Watching the opening ceremonies with everyone on twitter was some of the best fun I've had in a long time!

(besides getting to hang out with your book club of course! :) )

12:30 PM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

We stopped co-sleeping around 9 months.
A woman at work was trying to kick her daughter out of the bed at 5. That scared us.

1:50 AM  
Anonymous オテモヤン said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:10 PM  
Blogger 11111111 said...

We did the co-sleep (it bothers me that there's a name for it--instead there should be a name for not doing it).
It's different for each child and for different parents. It was definitely easier when my wife was the stay-at-home parent with our first child. She didn't work and didn't need to be awake all day. She napped when the baby napped. Etc.

3:04 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

Hmmm. Very late on this, but the whole Olympics thing via twitter was good fun. I definitely think I'll be watching and playing along with the Oscars.

We co-slept until Little Girl was about 9 months old, then started the shift to her bed. For awhile I would stay in the room, patting her hand through the bars of the crib.

I used to get the majority of my work clothes from H&M. I also love RW&Co. A lot of great mix and match stuff at both places.

Could you and Cakes go to a mom/daughter art class? I'm not sure if you were planning on taking the little guy also, but any type of dance class/yoga would be fun also.

Zip.ca? Six Feet Under, Big Love, The Tudors.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.