metro mama

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy to Report

Cakes brought home her first report card on Friday. I opened it as soon as we got through the door, with both anticipation and trepidation. I don’t know why the trepidation, because (no surprise) it’s all good. Some of it makes me laugh, like “Cakes prefers undirected activities to directed ones,” but it is all very positive and reassuring. It’s crazy, just when I think I can’t get more proud of her, I do. Just like that, she’s gone from a baby to a bright, creative, sociable, kind, vibrant little person, and I’m in awe of her.

I read every word of her report card out loud to her, and it’s awesome to see how proud she is of herself. Her dad was on shift Friday; he got home Saturday morning, and as soon as he walked in the door she was waving it at him for him to read. You’ve never seen a prouder papa.

Speaking of pride, aren’t you proud of our Olympians? Cakes and I watched the game tonight, and man that was something special. Though she didn’t quite get why someone had to win. “I want them to both win,” she declares. What a gal.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger moplans said...

Aww. Those reports always make me smile! Great work Cakes!

Am loving Vancouver. Well Done.

8:57 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

that report card is history-making - be sure to keep is somewhere safe for her! well done, cakes!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Elle said...

Aww - that's terrific. It's amazing when we see them turning into little people, with accomplishments and everything!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Good report cards are always appreciated! These kids are getting so big!

9:37 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Way to go, Cakes!
Those first report cards are an awfully strange and wonderful moment, aren't they?

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.