metro mama

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Happy

Dudes. Three things have happened this week that make life a whooole lot better:

First, I mastered the art of breastfeeding lying down. He’s not a reliable napper, so now at least we can have an afternoon rest. And I have a foolproof way to get him down at night (and can doze during that final marathon feeding).

Second, he's slept through the night a few times! I’m afraid to talk about this one too much. Don’t hate me.

Third, he finally took a bottle! I was starting to try to resign myself to having him permanently attached to my boob for six months. After several days of trying, I put the bottle away for a week. Then, feeling lucky, I tried again and by god, he did it! What an enormous relief. The first thing I did was make plans to meet a friend for drinks on a patio. Then I made a hair appointment. Freedom! Am I conveying how fucking happy I am he’s taking a bottle?

Speaking of happy, this makes me happy:

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looking forward to a little hugging of Sherwood soon!

9:06 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

great news, seriously I am so happy for you.
damn I wish my kids were sleepers.

adorable photo. he looks so much grown up in just a week and doesn't he make Cake look so grown up too.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Sounds excellent!

9:06 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

High-five, mama. Nursing laying down is manna from heaven to a tired mum.

12:02 PM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

What a terrific photo!

I couldn't have lived without nursing lying down. It's one of the only things that got me through the days. If only Little Girl hadn't decided to wean herself so damned early. It was definitely the "go to" to get her to sleep. Sometimes I STILL wish I had that magic button.

BTW, you're looking fabulous!

8:32 AM  
Blogger naomicatgirl said...

How incredibly adorable are they?!?!?!?! Yay!

And nursing lying down? Oh, so blissful. Helped me survive 10 months of little boy's getting up every 2-3 hours.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.