metro mama

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Four

Today you’re four. Four. How can that be? I look at you, all gangly and tall. I argue with you about which dress you’re going to wear to school today. I hear you carry on complex conversations with your new Thomas engines this morning before you come to wake us. I watch you open the door to your guests at your party yesterday, greet them with a hug, and introduce them to each other, such an accomplished hostess already. And I’m really sad. Sad how I wish the days away, and the years fly by, so trite but it’s true. But more than I’m sad, I’m proud, I’m awestruck, and I’m so in love with you. Happy birthday, my girl.

My dad spent months building this dollhouse for Cakes. It's unbelievable.


It's amazing how important friends are to a four-year-old compared to a three-year-old. I have a post coming about this.


Many thanks to kittenpie for lending me this fabulous game. The kids loved it.

Move over, Martha!


Wish I could read her mind.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

Holy doll house! She must have been thrilled! It's hard to see the baby-ness leaving.

12:36 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

Happy Birthday Cakes! It's so true about the friend thing - looking forward to that post.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Your dad did SUCH a great job on that house. I'm way impressed.

She's such a beauty! Happy FOUR! We love it so far!

3:36 PM  
Blogger ewe are here said...

What a brilliant doll house! It's bigger than she is!

Glad she had a Happy 4th Birthday!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

Happy Birthday!!

(is she going to move into that house?)

2:35 AM  
Anonymous MetroDad said...

Hooray for 4! Looks like it was a great birthday.

P.S. That dollhouse is awesome!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

That is one crazy dollhouse. I would be in heaven! Happy Birthday, Cakes!

11:18 PM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

Happy (belated) birthday Cakes!!

Wow - that is one seriously awesome dollhouse - exactly what we've been looking for, but sadly in such short supply commercially.

Right now I'm absolutely loving 2 1/2 so it is nice to know that four is such fun to look forward to, because I'm already mourning the loss of 2 1/2.

12:44 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

I thought I commented then realised it was on your facebook page and I didnt' realise your dad made the house. that is incredible.

9:23 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

happy belated b-day cakes.

holy cow- now THAT is a doll house!!!
awesome!

10:00 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Wow, that is an amazing dollhouse! We got pumpkinpie a dollhouse for her 4th too, but nothing like that. She's going to love it!

Glad her party was a success, too. I always feel so relieved when they are done and nothing went haywire!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.