metro mama

Sunday, March 22, 2009

How Sweet It Is

After a long winter of hibernation, we’re finally starting to venture from the house every now and then (Cakes hates the cold as much as I do). Last Sunday, the three of us hooked up with k-girl and her lovely family for a day at Bronte Creek Park.

The kids were thrilled with the tractor ride.



We learned how maple syrup is made (Cakes was actually interested, but I just wanted to hurry up and go get pancakes and bacon already!)



The girls burnt off so much energy that Cakes passed out in the car after five minutes—the sure sign of a great day.


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? I thought Canadians came out of the womb already knowing how to make maple syrup!

Love the last photo. Too cute.

6:40 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

We did that too and it was way more fun than I thought it could be. We didn't have bacon though. :(

9:49 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

She is so cute with the buckets!

9:12 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

Good fun, eh? Our kids also passed out right away - love what the fresh air does to maple sugar-buzzing rugrats!

9:51 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

wow, nice foreign spam above...

Misterpie's class went to a sugar bush last week and he took pumpkinpie, but I couldn't go because the stroller wouldn't work in the forest and The Bun is too damn heavy for a carrier! I was so depressed, becuase it looks like an awesome time... Plus, I'm really curious about what the sap tastes like before reducing.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

gah. that last picture KILLS me. too cute!

12:16 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

I happen to know everything there is to know about maple syrup! I love maple syrup. I love maple syrup on pancakes. I love it on pizza. And I even take maple syrup and put a little bit in my hair when I've had a rough week.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

Very cute!!
Mmmm - maple syrup
Even better -- Mmmm BACON!

BTW- what's with all the Chinese comments? It's the mention of bacon, right?

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K
a383



l

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.