metro mama

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Perfect Proof

Last night me and several bloggy lovelies went to see nomotherearth in the East Side Player’s production of David Auburn’s Proof. I had a fabulous night. The play was excellent; the cast of four were all amazing, and our pal nomo was perfect as brisk and pragmatic big sister Claire.

Proof is a rich play that looks at family relationships, aging, the thin line between madness and genius, trust and faith. Unlike the mathematical proof of the play’s title, little of life is black or white.

The play runs until March 7, so get your tickets soon! Click here for more info.

In other news, we just got home from Quebec yesterday, and I’m still catching up. Recap and pics (and video!) coming soon!

10 Comments:

Blogger crazymumma said...

She was very good wasn't she.

And looking far too fine for a wamn who has two children so young....

4:12 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

i'm so bummed that I missed it.
I'm glad you all had fun though.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Frakkin' cold - bummed as well that I had to cancel the theatah date.

Glad to hear all went well - no surprise though bc Nomotherearth is a talented chicka.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Thank you! I'm overwhelmed. And so glad you could make it.

10:13 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Busy trying to get my review together too - it was fantastic. SO glad I could make it, even if I sucked for wimping out on the hosting.

(And hey kgirl, speakign of thost stauses - your tweet about people bakcing out? Yeah - I saw it!)

11:58 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Busy trying to get my review together too - it was fantastic. SO glad I could make it, even if I sucked for wimping out on the hosting.

(And hey kgirl, speaking of those statuses - your tweet about people backing out? Yeah - I saw it!)

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looked as gorgeous as she acted. It was a terrific production!

6:42 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

KP - dude, anybody with a newborn is exempt from my bitchy tweets. I meant everybody else ;)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

I wish I could have seen it!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Lucky you! Wish I could have been there.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.