metro mama

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So Long, 2008!

It’s my birthday today, and thankfully I’m not depressed about it like last year. I seem to have trouble with the mid-decades. 25 was awful, and 35 somewhat devastating, but 36 is a breeze.

It should be a good day. We’re still in K-town, and I’m sleeping in every day. McHotty is taking me for birthday lunch, while Cakes and her Grandmother do some “important jobs” (which I think involves a chocolate cake with my name on it). Tonight we’ll have a gourmet meal, and play Cranium by the fire. McHotty’s sisters and hubbies are here too, so it’s a nice crowd.

As for the coming year, it should be very exciting (more to come on that later). I’m not making any resolutions but these:

1. Spend quality time with family and friends.
2. Read a hell of a lot of books (I’ve already started a new book club which begins in 2 weeks!)
3. Use my time wisely.

Happy New Year, my friends. May 2009 be filled with health and happiness.

17 Comments:

Blogger petite gourmand said...

Exciting news??? I'm intrigued..

Happy Birthday & Happy new Year! Sounds like the perfect way to ring in a new year.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

And I am happy to be part of your new book club resolution!

Happy New Year!

10:46 AM  
Blogger cinnamon gurl said...

Happy New Year AND Happy Birthday! Enjoy...

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday! AND Happy Happy New Year!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

Happy Birthday!!

3:00 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Happy Birthday! You were born to be a partygirl. I should have known....

Am I supposed to know what book?

6:43 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

happy birthdya again, and also what Lisa said - should we have read something for that first meeting? And do we have dates/locations? Glad you are having a fun week away. I am enjoying having Misterpie around this week, too. I'm even getting some stuff done and seeing some people!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Lady M said...

Happy Birthday!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Happy birthday AND happy new year!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Happy belated birthday! And New Year!

3:31 PM  
Blogger ewe are here said...

Happy (belated) birthday!

May you and yours have a wonderful New Year full of joy.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Happy New Year and belated birthday!!!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (slightly late) birthday!

Let me know if you read any good books.

8:41 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

hmmmmm.

exciting.


hmmmmm.

Happy Birthday!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Tania said...

Happy everything! If you do manage to use time wisely, please do a post about it. I need to know how it's done.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

I loved 25. I thought, "Finally, I am out of my early twenties!"

Glad 36 was easier on you!

9:47 PM  
Blogger 11111111 said...

36? You're such a little, tiny baby.
Happy birthday, young lady.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.