metro mama

Friday, December 19, 2008

Bring It On!

Everyone on Twitter is going on about “snowmageddon”, but I say bring it on! Cakes is excited to get out on the sled. I just received a lovely, lovely email announcing the office is closing a noon. The timing couldn’t be better as tonight is the third annual raucous neighbourhood christmas crawl. (See coverage of the inaugural crawl here). We’re kicking things off at our place, then all 30 of us will traipse about to 5 other hosting homes. This is serious partying, not for the faint at heart!

So, the snow day gives me lots of extra time to help McHotty make hors d’oeuvres. This year we’re doing red pepper and gorgonzola bruschetta, and thyme and parmesan crackers (from the new Barefoot Contessa). Our featured cocktail is The Poinsettia: prosecco, cranberry and cointreau (from the new Nigella). I may even have time to squeeze in a nap!

The holidays are shaping up to be rather relaxing. McHotty works Christmas Day, so Santa’s coming to our place on the 24th. My family’s coming in the afternoon and we’ll do the big turkey dinner thing, and my folks will stay over to keep Cakes and I company on the 25th (I think I’ll do a nice prime rib or something, one of the few fancy dishes I can muster). We’ll head to k-town on the 26th for a whole week of relaxing with the in-laws. There’ll be lots of opportunities for naps, reading books, and we might even catch a few movies! The only recent movie I’ve seen is the new James Bond, so tell me internets, what should be go see? And don’t say Twilight or I just might hurl!

Have a cozy and warm snowy weekend, friends.

8 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Have a fabulous holiday!!! (I saw Twilight - entertaining? not so much.)

11:10 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Sounds divine! I am so looking forward to having Misterpie home for a couple of weeks, too, so we can catch up on some house stuff, polish off the christmas prep, and maybe even catch up on each other - wink, wink.

I'm thinking we should take in a movie or two, as well. We haven't seen the new bond, so he'll want to do that. Have heard good things about 4 Christmasses, that it is fun, if not a classic, and am curious about both Milk and Slumdog Millionaire. Will be watching for reviews. I think we may also rent this year's Batman, though I think he mentioned they rereleased it for award season, so we might get to see it in thatres. I'll come back and see what other people have to say!

1:11 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

Take Cakes to see Madagascar 2! I'm so excited to take Bee to her first movie.

1:45 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Lets hope we can tip a glass or ten together sometime over the holiday.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Tania said...

You always seem to be having a good time. Keep on enjoying!

9:35 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

I love snow days too.
That party sounds wic!

I was going to comment the only movie I have seen recently is madagascar 2 - katies whole school went together yesterday. It was her first movie too!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

What is this going to the movies thing you speak of? I think we might be taking the kids to the new Adam Sandler movie over the break...

9:55 AM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Well, Slumdog Millionaire, of course. I'm reading the book (Q&A) and it's really good. I've heard great things about the movie.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.