metro mama

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Something Sweet

My friend Nadine's sweet company is hosting a charity event this Saturday to raise money for Sick Kids. I've already bought my ticket to the Mother's Day Spa-A-Thon, and I have two more for you (thanks Nadine!). Here's the event deets:

Raising money for a good cause is important, but who needs to run 10k, spin for 2 hours, or walk for 24 hours, when you could just spend the day at the spa? Well, with Sweetmama's first Mother's Day Off Spa-A-Thon you can! SweetMama has partnered with the SickKids Foundation to host this very special event. It will take place on Saturday, October 25th from 1-5pm at Andrew Richards Designs.

You'll enjoy an afternoon of manicures, massages, yoga/pilates, boot camp, make up applications, and much more from some of our favourite sponsors like Gee Beauty, Dermalogica, Pilates for Life and Track Fitness! Plus there will be sweet treats provided from Flour Girls, Genuine Health, Track Snacks, and Vitamin Water.

If that's not enough, here are a few more reasons why you should buy a ticket:

1. You don't need to be a Sweetmama, or a mama, for that matter! It is just a day for women to kick back, relax and enjoy some "me" time, all for a good cause. Show your support without wearing a support bra!

2. The value of the gift bags is already over $175, so you'll more than make it back the ticket price in sweet swag!

3. Even if you can't make it that day, you should buy a ticket. Why? Because the money is for a great cause, and I we will put your gift bag away for you so that you can enjoy it another day.



Want a ticket? Leave a comment and tell me why you need a day off. I'll draw two winners at noon on Thursday. Sweet, no?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Could you email me please? I fear our emails to you are going to your bulk/spam folder.

I don't like to give out too much information in comments, but it's in regards to your BlogHerAds - you're running the old code and it's going to be turned off soon - and I want to help you get the new code in so you don't miss any impressions.

Laura at BlogHer dot com

I look forward to hearing from you!

10:27 AM  
Blogger 11111111 said...

I don't really need a day off--I have the odd night off and find them quite relaxing. But, if I had a ticket, I'd give it to my wife--she definitely could use a day off.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Betsy Mae said...

I would have LOVED to go. Not only do I love Nadine but I've never met all you Toronto bloggers and believe me when I say I need a day off!!!!!!!! BUT I'm sad to say, no-can-do this weekend. Have a great time, I'm sure it's going to be awesome!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

I can't go - but I'll pass the information on to my Toronto aunts!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Oh, I could use a day off. But we're going to the Wiggles that day.

Woot!

8:18 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

I need a day off because I am older than ANY of you.

11:01 AM  
Blogger scarbie doll said...

Thanks Jules, I really appreciate your support. See you Saturday!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps of interest to other Mamas ... and if you download the chart, you'll be helping Sleeping Children Around the World. Deadline: November 1st.

A UK company, Worlds Apart, will give a bedkit for every 100 downloads. More info at: Ready for Bed Week

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.