metro mama

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Another Week, Another Andrew

It’s been a banner couple of weeks! Last week I got to chat with the marvelous Andrew Davidson, and last night I met Andrew Pyper at the TINARS launch of The Killing Circle.

It was a great event, and the Gladstone ballroom was packed. Andrew is a funny guy, and not afraid to speak his mind. In conversation with Nathan Whitlock, he talked about the satirical elements of the book (it has a lot of fun with the CanLit scene) and confessed they were much sharper (and lenthier) in the first version of the book. He reminded us that plot is not a dirty word--a book is a lot more entertaining when stuff actually happens!

Do attend a TINARS event some time--they are a fresh, fun alternative to boring readings. Let me know if you need a date!


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Run ANC said...

Your job sounds so interesting - I'm jealous!

10:30 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

AND FREE? Hell yeah I need a date to on of these events.

10:09 PM  
Blogger 11111111 said...

Aw! My old homies! I've known Whitlock for years and I used to practice drinking with Andrew a million years ago.
Were I not in cottageland, I'd have gone for sure!

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.