metro mama

Monday, July 28, 2008

Daddy's Girl

Besides a brief period after I had Cakes, this is the first time in eight years I’m not a part-time student. It is such a relief! This weekend I actually spent time with my family! We took Cakes on her very first trip to the fire hall:







It was McHotty’s crew, and they’re very sweet, so she got lots of personal attention. She looks rather alarmingly comfortable behind the wheel, don’t you think? I will have to work on her literary side.

Sunday, I got on the bike for the second time in 15 years, and we went to the beach. I had planned to do lots of biking this summer, but up until a few days ago, McHotty’s been having to use my crap old bike. His bike, which was pretty decent, was actually stolen from the bike shop where it was getting a tune-up! The good thing is, it was a really high end bike shop, so they replaced his bike with one worth twice as much! Between this and the flood, we’re getting all of shit upgraded this summer, but it sure is not a convenient way to go about it!

Last night the neighbours joined us for dinner, and we indulged in the awesome ice wine I bought at Jackson Triggs last weekend. I knew if wouldn’t last long.

How were your weekends, y’all?

16 Comments:

Blogger Run ANC said...

Damn, that ice wine was good.

2:44 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Her first trip? Wow. Bet she had those guys eating out of her hands... And my weekend was shrot - I worked Saturday, and did not much on Sunday. Next weekend will be better.

4:15 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

She looks adorable.

When you are doing a million things having school taken off your plate must be so freeing.

Yeah, you really are going about getting new stuff the hard way, but I am sure the icewine takes the edge off that.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Mmm...ice wine....

4:32 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

really awesome, thanks. glad you had a good one, too.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Life after school. Looks pretty good to me!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

She's adorable.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

ohmigosh! when did she get all that hair??!?!?!?

1:49 PM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

Look at the adorableness!

Congrats on finishing school! Woooo!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

Mmm, ice wine! We got some of that from the Niagara region last summer. Needless to say, it was gone long ago.

9:25 AM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

awe cakes looks so cute...I love her curls!

3:07 PM  
Blogger 11111111 said...

Hey, is that the Queen East fire hall?

Being a Niagara boy, me loves the Ice Wine.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Jules and I work at bestrank.com, a company interested in blog advertizing. I found
your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post
sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back for confirmation(jules@bestrank.com).Please
include your blog's URL.
Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

Jules Viernes
BestRank.com

10:50 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

She's the cutest little firekid!

10:27 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

I want some personal attention from the crew.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really awesome

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.