metro mama

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Venice, Baby!

I dont know what day it is anymore. This trip has been fantastic, but the pace is catching up--Im whipped. Its late at night and we just came back to our hotel after walking for about nine hours in Venice (I cant find the apostrophe, in case youre wondering why theyre all missing). Venice is truly amazing. Its so easy to lose the crowds in just a few minutes, and get lost. Will talk more about it when I have my pics.




Yesterday we went to Lake Garda, on a boat trip (the Italian version of the Muskokas). We had our best meal of the trip, on a lovely balcony overlooking a castle, a canal, with a view of the sea. A crisp white, and some fish and I was happy, happy, happy.





Tomorrow, a long bus trip back to Rome. The next day, were doing a very full day in Rome, and that night were having a farewell party--there will be a lot of slobbery, slurry hugs Im sure.

Am completely beat now. Miss my babe. Pics and stories coming soon!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Mouse said...

The Roman poet Catullus wrote a poem to the home he had on Lake Garda. Not that I'm a literature nerd or anything. (Actually, the nerdier thing is that I can quote part of it. And use it as an example of the etymology of the word 'peninsula.' I'll stop now.)

I am very jealous. Dying to see pictures!

6:51 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

I love Venice, that dinner sounds lovely.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Venice is a place I haven't been yet, so I'm curious to know your thoughts vs the rest of Italy.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Jer said...

Good for you! waiting for the pics...

3:01 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

These photos are gorgeous.

8:01 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

These photos are gorgeous.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.