metro mama

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Welcome Toronto Life Readers!

Hello to anyone coming here for the first time from Katrina Onstad's article in the May issue of Toronto Life! Make yourself at home.

My husband (known as McHotty here) and I are parents of an amazing three-year old girl, known as Cakes.

I’m just finishing the hell that is grad school, and have started a new career in publishing.

We’ve lived here in Leslieville for three years now. Despite the swat teams, we love it here, and are extremely committed to bringing up baby downtown. Despite the unpleasant incident described in the article, for the most part the restaurant owners and shopkeepers here in Leslieville are lovely, and more than welcoming. Just a few examples: Kubo Radio, Joy Bistro, Bonjour Brioche, Doll Factory by Damzels, Brick Street Bakery, and the Mercury Espresso Bar.

Do you have your own favourite child-friendly shops and restaurants? Leave them in the comments, and I’ll do a post rounding them up.

Want to hear from more blogging parents? I’d like to point you to the new and improved version of Mommy Blogs Toronto: Better Than A Playdate. Playdate is a group of smart, hip Canadian parents, blogging about everything from current events, to sex, to restaurant reviews, to celebrity gossip. It’s a lot of fun.



Thanks for visiting!

Julie

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Toronto Life! Nice!

12:18 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

this is great; i didn't out my blog in the article, but i'm glad you did!

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out the article! Congrats!

Gabriella

7:37 PM  
Blogger Gwyn said...

It was a great article. And good for you for standing up for moms!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Hey - can you point me towards the article?? I want to read it!

2:53 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

oh my goodness, I am sooo out of the loop.

12:18 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

I just got my copy and haven't had a chance to crack it yet.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Very cool, Metro!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!!

Great to FINALLY meet you last night too!!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

I love Toronto, and have visited a couple times for shows. I'd love to live there some day.

Btw, I tagged you in my latest entry if you'd like to check it out :)

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey everyone --

The Toronto Life article is now online. It' pretty funny/great, if a bit skewed. Anyhow here's the link:

http://www.torontolife.com/features/baby-wars/

There is a discussion forum, too, where you can talk about the issues from the piece:

http://www.torontolife.com/blog/baby-wars-forum/

Enjoy!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Mhata said...

Hello,

I am a producer on a Slice Network Series and I am looking for young moms and dads with little kids to participate in a survey experiment on our show.

The shoot is this Thursday July 10th. Would you be interested? Would love to give you more details.

Call me :
Merissa Simonian
Associate Producer
Plastic Makes Perfect
416-366-6588 ext 227

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.