metro mama

Friday, April 04, 2008

Bits and Bytes

I don’t have a coherent post or anything, but I have all these little dribs and drabs floating around, so I might as well scoop them up into one braindump.

Cakes attended her first art show opening last night. Our next door neighbour is a talented sculptor, and invited us to the opening of a show last night, urging us to “bring Cakes along!” We took his word and brought her, with great trepidation, arriving five minutes after the start of the event, in the hopes hardly anyone else would be there yet. She was very well behaved, but we didn’t push our luck, and made it a short visit. It was a good show to start her with--she was actually allowed to touch one of the pieces:



This isn’t the same one, but it’s similar. It was so lovely and soft, and fragrant smelling--I wanted to take my clothes off and roll on it.

***

After the show, McHotty and I snuggled up for a movie. I love me a zombie movie, and I Am Legend is good one. Will Smith is utterly believable, the rabid zombies are scary, and the scenes of post-apocalyptic Manhattan are extraordinary. A very suspenseful flick.

***

Muxtape is very cool, but it doesn’t beat the real thing. After a tipsy conversation about music during my last pub night, one of my buddies came to class with a mixed tape for me! How awesome is that?

***

My family is cracking me up these days.

For example, a conversation between Cakes and I the other night:

Cakes: I don’t want to go to school anymore.

MM: We’ll talk about it tomorrow.

Cakes: We’ll talk about it RIGHT NOW!


A conversation between me and McHotty:

MM: Cakes’ hair is out of control! Did you send her to school like that?

MH: No, she had a horsey tail when she left.

***

Speaking up cracking me up, I’m loving this new blog, Canadian(ist).

***

For all you Torontonians, what do you think should be Redneck Mommy’s top three sightseeing priorities next weekend? We only have a day. I was thinking Distillery District, and a little shopping on Queen West. Maybe a beer at the Black Bull if we get really lucky. What do you think?

Happy Friday everyone! Anyone up to anything exciting this weekend?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

horsey tail - good one!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Distillery is a good idea, and I could totally go for a pint on the Black Bull patio.

What about Kensington?

12:41 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

i'm going to laugh my arse off at girls' night out on saturday (a comedy show featuring debra digiovanni) and then sit outside. a lot. the beaches might be a nice stroll for our land-locked friend.

1:30 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I love your convo with Cakes.

RIGHT NOW!

LOL!

2:13 PM  
Blogger 11111111 said...

The super-human strength and the lightning speed of the zombies was way too video game for my liking.

Touring, eh? How about rolling on the glass floor of the CN Tower?

7:17 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

I am with Den about the zombies in that movie, but overall I did like it.

Who is the sculptor?

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.