metro mama

Monday, March 24, 2008

Two Day Foos Hangover

I’m getting old. It’s two days after the Foo Fighters concert, and my neck still hurts. My throat is sore. During the show, I actually shushed the girls next to me when they talked during Dave’s Everylong solo.



But the show was worth it--the Foos were magnificent, as always. We were nicely surprised when a third of the way into the show, a second stage dropped down from the ceiling. The band ran to the new stage and resumed playing, making our cheap-ish seats suddenly rather front and centre!

The other big surprise--Rush!



Right after I go to a concert, I get a hankering to see more. Anyone have anything coming up? Is anyone going to Leonard Cohen? I think I’ve already missed out on those tickets.

***

Hey, do you know about this:

Blog Friends Fest

It's going to be so much fucking fun. You should go.

9 Comments:

Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

I've got a friend who has basically promised he can move us up to front row for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in June. I can't wait!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

Ooh! Leonard Cohen! I was invited to go with an aunt but like a fool I waited too long. Wah.
Glad you had fun!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Niiice! One of my friend's in Arkansas just saw them, too.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

*drool*
jealous. as. hell.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! The Foo Fighters are coming to my town in July when I'll be at BlogHer. D'oh!

1:48 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Lucky girl! When I even have the brainpower to remember about them, I miss going to concerts. It's been a long time, actually. That's what happens when you work two nights a week, too - you hate to give up extra nights.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Jenny, the Bloggess said...

So. freaking. jealous.

3:45 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Glad you had fun. I need to get out more.

11:36 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I would have shushed that girl too. Sheesh.

I'm the same way -- for days after the Beastie Boys concert I was wishing for a walker.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.