metro mama

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Resolution (for real this time)

McHotty and I were both home all day yesterday. I was on the computer all day, and he was a busy bee. He went to the gym. He cleaned the toilets and bathtubs. He cooked up a double batch of butter chicken. I commented on all of his activity, and he explained he was making good on his new years’ resolutions: to be consistent at the gym, help with the housework more (!), and leave me with leftovers when he goes on shift to help with my resolution to eat less processed food.

I shit you not!

These virtuous resolutions made me feel a little bad about my flippant ones (‘tho I am making good—I haven’t been to the cheese market yet this week). But I thought I might try to make some more serious resolutions, or at least one.

So, I hereby resolve to stop being so stingy with my time. Since school started I have been really consumed. If I have five free minutes my nose is in a book. Any other time is devoted to Cakes. For Christmas, all McHotty wanted was for me to give him a day of tech instruction (McHotty is many things, but technically inclined is not one of them—I wear the pocket protector in the family). I need to spend a day with McHotty showing him iTunes and Facebook and all kinds of other stuff I’ve been putting off.

I also need to spend more time with friends. I need a fix of the MBT crew soon. I’ve met some very cool people at school I’d like to get to know better. I have a couple of email addresses floating in my purse of folks I hit it off with in the ‘hood. We need to have the neighbours over to play dominoes soon--since the weather turned cold we’ve all burrowed into our dens.

Is anyone else seriously missing their social life? Hey, maybe it’s time for another Toronto Blogger pub. Who's in?

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

ahem...and what about some love for your long distance yankee friends....

10:32 AM  
Blogger metro mama said...

Jen: we seriously need to have that retreat. Miss you.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

I'm in! I was just thinking the same thing...

Assertagirl

11:09 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Dude. I want to come. Please? LOL. You guys are too fun. BlogHer 08 isn't getting here soon enough.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

what is this social life of which you speak?? :)

11:39 AM  
Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

I'm so in!

11:42 AM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

[Waving hands madly in the air]

Oh, I'm so in! After all this preparation to get the house on the market, I'm starting to miss adults!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

I'm in for sure! I miss adults like crazy. I'm starting to talk baby talk more often than not, and that's a bad sign.

I'm still having a hard time getting past the phrase "he cleaned the toilets" though...

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to! I am going crazy from lack of a social life!!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in. Me! Me! Pick Me!

Miss you
xoxox

8:05 AM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

I know what-cha mean.
been feeling ultra anti social these days.
could use a little diversion..

oh and not that I need to remind you, but that Mchotty is a keeper!
double batch of butter chicken...mmmm..
now that's Hot ;

1:52 PM  
Blogger Gabriella said...

I'm in also!

1:19 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Oh yes, I've been missing friends, too. I'm spending way too much time sleeping lately - I hardly even remember what Misterpie looks like, never mind the rest of you guys. I'd even volunterr my house, but I don't have the energy to host something, dammit. I'll come along and drink milk.

2:01 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Hell yeah. Count me in too please.

11:07 AM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Oh yes! I need a good dose of fun. I'm tired of hibernating in misery.

I've been a little better with my resolution to spend more time reading novels.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.