metro mama

Sunday, January 13, 2008

50 Greatest Books

I love lists, so I’m happy the Globe and Mail has launched a new series, called 50 Greatest Books. They’ve assembled an international panel, and in the coming year will reveal a book per week, in the Saturday Books section. Each week, a single work will be discussed by an “expert or a writer passionate about the work in question.”

I can’t wait to see the selections. This weeks’ pick is The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain--a sound choice, in my opinion. What do you think? You can read the full essay here.

This should be fun to watch unfold. They’re going to create a discussion forum, so we can give them a piece of our minds (let’s do that).

I’m also still working on the 1001 Books To Read Before You Die challenge. I’ve managed to knock a few more off, bringing me up to 117. Whew, long way to go.

And, I'll have a new book recommendation tomorrow, and I'll be giving copies away, so be sure to check in!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

I want to go check out that 1001 Books list!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Very cool!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

I love stuff like this.

3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Books are indeed important.

=Your Books Reviews=

9:36 AM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

Oh, I do love me some lists. All the more reason to switch to the Globe when we move.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.