metro mama

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008, Bring It On

I’m feeling a little less cantankerous today. Yesterday’s shopping spree helped. McHotty fortified me with a birthday omelette, and about four cups of coffee. I headed for the Eaton Centre nice and early, before it got insane. I’m pretty frugal when it comes to clothing, so I do love the post-Christmas sales. I got all of this stuff for about $200.



I even managed to buy a pair of jeans without wanting to slit my wrists. I’ve gotten over caring what the sales guy thinks anymore. I don’t have time to screw around—I just say, “I want something in a dark colour that will help hide my muffin top”.

Our New Years’ Eve was a success. McHotty’s meal was fab. I was in charge of the drinks--Cava and mango juice is a fine accompaniment for spicy food by the way.

We brought in the new year with our guests, then brought it in again with the next-door neighbours. Cakes kindly slept in until eight, bless her.

Today I’m trying to do some work, but I’m slightly hungover and tired, and I keep fucking around on facebook instead. Now I’m doing this instead of writing my paper.

I’ve decided to make a few resolutions this year:

1. Fuck around on facebook less.
2. Read some non-fiction.
3. Cut back on the wine and cheese a little.
4. Sign up for a dance class.
5. Eat less processed food (that includes PC butter chicken!)

This list seems doable, I think.

Happy New Year, everyone!

27 Comments:

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

ah met, happy birthday, gorgeous. and nicely done on the shopping.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

Mmmm, PC Butter Chicken...

Happy New Year!

Assertagirl

7:21 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And sweetness. Jean shopping for you and your fine form should be a joy.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

i must know which stores you went to...because $200??!?! i'm impressed. VERY impressed.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AGREE!

8:04 PM  
Blogger motherbumper said...

Happy New Year and nice haul ;)

(and cute photo)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Happy new year to you!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Gabriella said...

Happy New Year! love that green jacket!

9:58 PM  
Blogger cinnamon gurl said...

Oh, what a nice photo! Happy New Year AND Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great day and night...

10:11 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Take me shopping please!
Accessories and shoes all for $200. You are amazing.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Glad you wore the green - that was my favourite. It looks lovely! (and I love PC butter chicken...)

2:16 AM  
Blogger Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Happy New Year and Birthday, my gorgeous friend!

8:36 AM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

Ooh, don't you look all beautiful for ringing in the New Year!

Happy Birthday!!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to go on a shopping spree!!:)

11:52 AM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Hotties!

I don't doubt that you will succeed with all your resolutions. Of course "a little" is subjective and therefore doable!

12:21 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

happy new year! the loot looks awesome, and you look great in it. good luck with the resolutions - and hey, i'm pretty sure that blogs count as non-fiction reading, so you're already ahead of the game ;)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Happy birthday, friend!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Tania said...

Happy B-day and New Year!

I signed up for mom and tot ballet. Would that count towards resolution #4?

4:28 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Fuck around on Facebook less?

*gasp*

Honestly, I don't do that much on Facebook but what I do do on there is play Scrabble. I am ADDICTED.

You know, I think that's the first picture I've seen of McHotty. He is very easy on the eyes. ;)

Happy New Year to you guys!! And NICE SCORE on the clothes!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that photo of you and yay for your shopping spree!

Happy Belated Birthday my friend. Welcome to the big 3-5.

Dance class? That sounds like fun!! What kind of dance?

Miss you

11:01 AM  
Blogger Baby in the City said...

I second Crazymumma!
I think you're list is doable although that Facebook is a tough addiction to kick. Dance lessons...sounds fun.

You were wondering where I'm moving to? Danforth. We tried Leslieville but holy cow is it a hot market - couldn't get enough house for our buck so we had to go north.

6:00 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

happy new year and happy b-day!
you look fab!

I'm so with you on the wine and cheese front.

12:17 PM  
Blogger em v said...

MEXX pants are the best, aren't they? Nice spree. Man I can't wait to not wear the Maternity Uniform...
I didn't know that PC did Butter Chicken: will have to try that!

6:01 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Good shopping is always a balm.

Me, I'm not sure about resolutions this year. I think I have plans instead. Things I want to do, more than things I want to not do.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Betsy Mae said...

Happy Bday and Happy New Year. I wish you could go shopping for me...nice stuff and the green looks fantastic on you. Care to share the brand of jeans?

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday, friend. Hope it was fabulous.

And have a happy new year, will ya?

Smooches,

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.