metro mama

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Path Me a Tithue

Sorry about the lack of content around here lately. I had intended to get back on track in December, but my ass is getting kicked. The day classes ended and I finished my last presentation, my body said “enough”, my head filled with snot, and I’ve been in my pyjamas hacking around the house ever since.

I still have a lot of work to do over the holidays, but nothing’s getting done. Cakes is sick too and has been home from school all week. We are watching a lot of Thomas.

I did drag my sorry ass out yesterday though. My mom is in town for a couple of days, so McHotty and I seized the chance to see the Coen brother’s latest No Country for Old Men (adapted from Cormac McCarthy’s novel). OMFG, it’s so good. The acting is superb, especially Javier Bardem as the chilling psychopath Anton Chigurh. The dusty setting and the lack of music contribute to the theme of emptiness and despair. It’s perfectly paced, dark and tense, and true to McCarthy, the Coens resist a Hollywood ending. A+ for me.

After the movie we hooked up with the MBT gang and I drowned my germs in Hoegaarden. I actually felt good for the first time in a week.





We need to do this more often.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Don Mills Diva said...

Last night was fun - first night I felt human in over a week too - damn cold. We should do it again soon.

4:03 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

look at mch with all the lovely ladies!

sorry i missed it. i had a late night and there was much drinking involved too, but, well, it wasn't quite the same.

4:37 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Yes we do!

And that always happened to me at end of term, too. It's like you are running on stress and adrenaline, and as soon as you stop, it all catches up with you and lays you down for a week. It sucks. Get better soon!

4:39 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

I wish I could have made it!

get well soon....

6:19 PM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

Ooh, I used to hate that inevitable cold right after the end of term. Sorry you're feeling sick, and hope you get better soon!

Look like a fabulous time was had by all last night, though!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

I miss you guys.

10:41 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

so that's what movie you went to see.
I was wondering when I was driving home and felt bad that we didn't get a chance to chat more.
next time for sure.
hope cakes is feeling better soon!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Amy Urquhart said...

It was a lot of fun chatting with you...hope you're feeling better!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

there's nothing like drowning germs in alcohol. i did the same thing last week...worked like a charm.
:)

11:23 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

So sorry you're sick -- and that Cakes is sick too -- but glad that you got out for a night with the ladies. It does the soul good.

2:07 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Oh look I'm taking pictures of beers, not drinking them!

It was great to see you. I can't believe how great you look when you're sick.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Now I'm off to burn with jealousy that you all played with out me....

3:36 PM  
Blogger FENICLE said...

Looks like a really good time that you needed!! You juggle a lot girl!!!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.