metro mama

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Island Retreat
















We'd been planning to take Cakes to the Toronto Islands all summer, and the season almost got away from us. We finally made the trip last week, and I'm so glad we did.

The city's soon left behind with just a short ferry ride. The ferry alone was a big adventure for Cakes. Surrounded by many other small shining faces, she excitedly watched sailboats skimming by and planes taking off.

Once we reached the island, we diverted from the streaming masses headed for Centreville, and strode straight for the north end of the island, where there was barely another soul. [more]

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

I think that I took Centre Island for granted when I was younger, and never stopped to appreciate how amazing it is to have it here in our own city. My harbour tour from last week, coupled with post, are guaranteed to get me back there.

10:20 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

this is on "the list"
I hope we get a chance to go before the lake freezes over ;)

12:46 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Oh, nice. We have been thinking of this, but have run out of summer. Perhaps in September... along with the zoo, also on the list, and nicer in fall anyhow.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Betsy Mae said...

Looks like a great time.

PS-I put The Double Bind (the book you sent me a couple of months ago) down about a month ago and got caught up in a few others, I hope to finish it soon and let you know what I thought as well as send it off to the next person to read!

7:00 PM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

Oooh. Glad you got there! We got there twice this summer - early in the summer when we, too, headed north.

Then last weekend, on Saturday no less, we ended up with friends at Centreville. Ugh. I'll take the rest of the island any day. It's such an amazing place to spend time, and so kid-friendly.

P.S. That's a beautiful shot!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.