metro mama

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Heart, Melted

Cakes is not just becoming more loving towards her little friends; her new, sweeter nature is even being extended to me!

For the longest time, I haven’t been getting any physical affection from her, even at bedtime. She’s even stopped sitting on my lap for her night-time stories, preferring to sit on the floor at my feet. Tonight we finished stories and I, sitting in the rocking chair, scooped her up and gave her a big hug. To my astonishment, she hugged me back. I gave her a bunch of kisses; she took out her soother and gave me a big sloppy smack on the lips.

I told her I loved her, then said, as I do every night, “can you say ‘I love you, Mommy’?”

And you know what? She smiled at me, and said, clear as a bell, “love you buddy”.

I melted.

She then proceeded to cuddle with me for ten whole minutes! This may not sound like much to you, but this is seriously exciting. I haven’t had ten minutes of cuddling since she was two months old, except for that time she was sick.

I’m pinching myself.

Labels:

22 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

I can totally understand your excitement. My daughter rarely hugs me, almost never kisses me, and has yet to say, "love", except in the context of a Barney song. I'm still waiting for my first, good cuddle.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

That's so sweet :)

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwww! great story :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

oh honey. i can only imagine how off the charts awesome this was.

she and you.

10:15 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Oh that is so sweet! I am so happy for you.
Mine was always a cuddler and recently turned it off. I am so sad.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Love you, buddy. Too sweet. KayTar's affection switch was flipped after her hospitalization in January. I think she thought if she was really sweet to me, we wouldn't have to go back. ;)

11:06 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Nothing like cuddles is there? I don't get them often either but I treasure them when I do.

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet! Those are the best moments.

7:57 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

no better feeling in the world, is there?

8:31 AM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

I love that she called you "buddy!"

4:15 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

What a darling little girl. She sounds a lot like my OWN Girl, who was not terribly affectionate either - but now that she's verbal, she's able to express love in ways that she feels comfortable with.

4:36 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Aw! So sweet! Nothing like baby loves, is there? I got told this morning that Pumpkinpie "super-likes" me. Drip, drip, drip goes me.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emily was like that. no cuddles. ever. it took six years, and she's finally cuddling....so, i can definitely understand your happiness!

7:40 PM  
Blogger moosh in indy. said...

Do you ever pick her up and rock her in the middle of the night when she's asleep? Sometimes it's all that keeps me from selling the moosh the next day.
So sweet buddy.

9:44 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

awe that's so sweet..

10:10 PM  
Blogger motherbumper said...

absolutely sweet - nothing beats a toddler hug

10:23 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

she will have no choice but to love me when I wrap my italian arms around her.

oh.

yet again. she may blurt me.

oh well. thank goodness she is cute.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That makes me grin.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Cherlyn said...

Oh, can I ever understand this! my 2-year old boy refuses to kiss me, but has no problem kissing random Okinawan women at the commissary.

6:51 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Awwwwww...that's awesome. :)

3:14 PM  
Blogger Karla Zamora, Digital Analyst said...

Awww...don't you just melt? Enjoy the cuddles and kisses:)

7:48 PM  
Blogger NotSoSage said...

Oh, I'm so glad for you. That's awesome.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.