metro mama

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What You Don't Know

Bub and Pie and Cinnamon Girl have both tagged me for this meme, so I thought I’d better do it! Here are eight things (I think) you don’t know about me:

1. I am a wicked driver. When Ontario briefly had photo radar in the nineties I accumulated three tickets in one month. I have buried the needle of my speedometer. I was in three car accidents before I was twenty. These days I am pretty much reformed though (I don’t want to scare the poor ladies who are driving to Blogher with me).

2. I get very nervous prior to any kind of speaking in public. I can pull it together and do a good job, but I have to hide my hands as they shake.

3. I flew for the first time at twenty-eight.

4. I never wanted to move to the city. McHotty and I were living in Peterborough when we met. He joined Toronto Fire about a year later. I’d tried a long-distance relationship before and knew how much they suck; at the very same time, I was laid off from my job. So, I had no excuse not to move, but I came here with much trepidation. Just look how well it turned out.

5. The relationship between my mother and I grew so difficult in my teens I went and lived with my grandparents for a couple of years.

6. Along the same vein, I was suspended from high school three times (twice for skipping, once for consuming alcohol on the premises).

7. I took ballet for years and dreamt of being a ballerina. I still dream of being a dancer. When I finish my MA I’m signing up for hip-hop.

8. I’m very exciting about this. Please check it out! We want to hear from you. Let’s Act!


Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger cinnamon gurl said...

Well I for one am shocked and horrified. Fast driving AND booze at school AND skipping classes? Sheesh...

(of course I know nothing about those things...;)

7:29 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

thanks for the heads up on your driving....

we probably would have hung out in high school for some of the reasons cited.

7:42 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

I didn't know about the ballet!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

i always figured you to be a wicked driver.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

Those ARE eight interesting things and also you are VERY different from me! I am much, much too cautious.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list!!

I never really figured you for being a bad apple, LOL!!

I'm a wicked driver too - wanna race!?

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more I read your blog the more I realize we have quite a bit in common. I could have written number one myself -- now that I have kids I'm more subdued but I was also quite a wicked driver in my day and I think there are still tickets and accidents on my record.

I never wanted to move to the city -- I went to school in Toronto and although I enjoyed it, it's just not for me.

I'm nodding my head in agreement over number five...I never lived with my grandparents, but I moved out several times.

I took ballet too, when I was a kid, and loved it. I love ballet. I think hip hop dancing would be so much FUN!!

I'm excited about number 8 too!

11:56 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Jinkies! And you offered to teach me to drive? Now I know better... But I may bring extra seatbelts and bungee cords and sit by the oh-shit handle on the way to BlogHer now, just in case.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

You're bad! (And by bad I mean, good).

Your number 7 reminded me of the movie "Save the Last Dance". I'm ashamed to admit I've seen it more than once.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I was a bad driver too back in the day, but instead of reforming, I gave up my license ("incorrigible" being my middle name).

2:26 AM  
Blogger 11111111 said...

I'm glad you've seen the error of your ways on speeding. Speed kills, don't you know.

1:58 PM  
Blogger motherbumper said...

and I'm getting in a car with you to drive cross country - SWEET JUJU WHAT AM I THINKING!?! Oh I kid.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.