metro mama

Sunday, July 08, 2007

It’s been one of those busy but good weekends. Friday I lunched with Lisa B and had the honour of meeting her beautiful little girl. What a strong lady, and it seems her little girl’s taking after her already. On my way home I went to the fabulous outdoor art show at Nathan Phillips Square. There were many, many talented folks there, I tell you.

We had friends for dinner Friday night. Luckily, we went easy on the wine, 'cause Saturday we were up bright and early for lunch with my brother’s family in the ‘shwa. Cakes is all about the babies now, so she was thrilled to spend some time with her 8-month-old cousin. She adores him already.




This is how we roll in the ‘shwa.



Today we were up early again to take Cakes to the beach (it was fab--I’ll do a post on it for MBT). Unfortunately, we weren’t there long before a wicked thunder storm rolled in, chasing us to the car. So, instead we made the voyage to Ikea to purchase a new office chair for me. Yes, I’m finally doing it—I’m making a room of my own. Will post some pics when it’s done.

Did y’all have a good weekend?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

ah, a room of your own. good on you, woman. good on you.

8:01 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

funny, we're busy turning a room of my own into a nursery!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Nothing like having your own space carved out....
Thunderstorms here, too! And lots of badminton, but not at the same time.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

I had some lovely time on my own on Saturday. The humidity yesterday almost killed me though. I had to eat a lot of junk food to make me feel better.

Hey - if Cakes is all about the babies...maybe it's time for #2?? C'mon, join the party.

9:37 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

heh heh

I do have limited access to a computer.

Sounds like fun, and wasn't Lisa's baby stunning and strong?

9:45 AM  
Blogger ewe are here said...

I'm so tired of thunderstorms! It's been a very wet month over here.

I'm envious of your room of your own.... ;-)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.