metro mama

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Fun in the Sun

Hasn’t it been a fab weekend, weather wise? This is my idea of perfection: 25 degrees and sun with a nice little breeze. I’m a happy woman.

I had a great, productive day yesterday. McHotty took Cakes to the park for the morning and I knocked off two hours of research (I have to do research for other profs as part of my funding). I spent an hour or so on my monster paper (which by the way, is a little out of control. I’m having trouble narrowing down). I also managed to vacuum the house and shower (I never thought I’d see the day when making time to shower would be an effort).

Cakes and I went to the park in the afternoon, and we had one of those rare, perfect times together. Cakes was in a mellow mood and we relaxed together, lying down on a blanket eating snacks and watching kids play in the pool.

My good luck continued this morning. We hooked up with nomotherearth and her boy at Riverdale Farm. We had a lovely time. I’ve never seen her play so well with another child. They actually held hands! And, get this…shared!!! I had to pinch myself. We visited the animals, then the babes amused themselves in the wading pool for awhile and the grownups actually had time to chat. When it was time to go Cakes gave the boy a big smooch on the lips. A perfect date.

I’m getting very, very stoked about BlogHer. I was pretty nonchalant a couple of weeks ago, but all of the sudden the excitement has kicked in. The thing I’m looking forward to most is the road trip. We’re back to six women again (Sandra can come after all! Hooray!) Anyway, don’t worry, there’ll be none of the “what happens at BlogHer stays at BlogHer” bullshit. We plan to have tons of pics, video, you name it. Now, I just need to get something new to wear. If my pictures are gonna be all over the internet I need better shoes.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so nice to read a locally-written site! I'm out in Bowmanville, but I lived in Leslieville for a few years recently. Sounds like a lovely time at the park!

See you in Chicago, hopefully.

3:16 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

I say stick with the flip flops.

5:52 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

as long as you are in those jeans that I like you in then all is good. old shoes or no.

8:09 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I totally want to hear all about BlogHer. From you, from her, from everyone. I want to be there vicariously through all of you!!

The weather this summer has been FABULOUS. One of the best summers ever, weather-wise, in my opinin.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

We had a great time too! It's really nice to let the kiddies play and actually have a chance to chat. As you said - nothing like last summer..!

I still can't get the picture of them holding hands out of my head. I've never seen him do that with any other kid. So cute!

Hope to get together again soon. In the meantime, I'll just be jealous of your Big Weekend.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Hollie said...

I am another TO Blogger and found your site today..sounds like you and Cakes had a great time at the Park. Me and my daughter love the park especially trips to the farm. Have fun at Blogher.

Oh and on the issue of child poverty in the city and the province you might want to read my post today.

7:05 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

just catching up...
yes the weather has been so so great.
Glad you guys are enjoying it.
You gals are going to have so much fun at Blogher.
can't wait to hear all the dirty details.
fun fun.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.