metro mama

Friday, July 27, 2007

Day 2 Update For You

Updated with pics!

Sorry, I haven’t updated in so long. It’s been a whirlwind. We left Kalamazoo in good time but we were sidetracked by Target! None of us had been to one before, and we were like kids in a candy store. We agreed to meet in half an hour, but an hour later we finally ended up at the check-out (three of us with identical toddler-sized pink cowboy boots, and three of us with identical skirts—even in the same colour!). And the best thing about Target? You can grab a bottle of wine on the way out!



The drive into Chicago was a little hairy but Onstar came through. Turn by turn navigation rocks. We finally got here this afternoon, checked in, stepped out for lunch and immediately ran into Rebecca and Dana. After a quick cocktail a few of us went for some sight-seeing. I love Chicago. We hit the Art Institute and the Magnificent Mile before heading back for dinner with the GM folks, where we had the most awesome dessert—a chocolate cigar! With little candy match-sticks that tasted like Popeye cigarettes!



Jana has a better picture of Sandra and I being crass with our cigars.

I met so many fab bloggers at the reception tonight. I won’t drop names too much, but I have to tell you—Redneck Mommy is super hot.



‘Kay, I’m so tired I can’t even think straight. More tomorrow.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

PINK TODDLER COWBOY BOOTS.
Words cannot express my yearning.
Have fun!

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

target is the best place on earth. i can't believe none of you had ever been!

7:56 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

I'm surprised you can write straight after the party!

8:06 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

yup.

really love checking in on you guys and hearing how GREAT it all is.

yup. Love you forever.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

And the reason I want a girl is for boots like those. Hmf! Boys clothes suck.

That dessert is crazy! I would think I had died and gone to to heaven. (I love Popeye cigarettes..)

11:20 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

T and Liz and Joy? Ok, NOW I'm jealous!

1:05 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

NEVER been to Target? NONE OF YOU??

Also more jealous of the gals than the conference.

7:24 PM  
Blogger b*babbler said...

Oh Target... sweet sweet Target. I only go when I'm positive I've got extra cash to cover the many things that I suddenly seem to "need" when I'm there.

Loving the photos and the updates. It's almost like we're all right there with you!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Mississauga Kids said...

I LOVE Target and whenever I visit family in Scottsdale AZ, I try to find some great small stuff to take home. I wish they would come to Canada! In Scottsdale in May I found a FANTASTIC computer bag.

Chocolate cigars! YUM!

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink cowboy boots? drool. Now I'm doubly sad there was no room in the van for me!

Plus, I think On Star may beat the Big Building Method of Navigation (patent pending). Although, I do get to feel all special for getting us out of the south side of Chicago without having a clue where we are or where we're going or how to get there, so there is that.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.