metro mama

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Holiday

Sorry I haven’t been ‘round lately, we’re just back from a wee holiday in Kingston with my lovely in-laws. It's wonderful there, except for the dial-up (I almost slit my wrists just trying to check my email). We did lots of lazing by the lake and sleeping in. I reread Wuthering Heights for one of my fall classes. McHotty played with his new iPod I surprised him with for his birthday/fathers’ day gift (thanks for all your help Jana and Niloc! He was thrilled.) Cakes had a blast with her grandparents and is now all about the ducks (bunnies are so last week). We ate and drank like kings (I think I’ve gained five pounds) and made it to the pub once. As always I took lots of photos:



Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger motherbumper said...

That second photo is a dream! Where did you find that hat? And the last one with Dad, so very very *sigh*.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Sounds wonderful. Love the pictures, especially the hat.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

What beautiful photos! It looks like a great trip.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

Cakes is positively cherubic! Seriously, have you dressed her up like an angel for Hallowe'en yet?

4:09 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I'm always so wistful and jealous when you guys go up to Kingston. Sigh.

4:52 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Sounds idyllic. I'm a smidge jealous...

But I lvoe how that first picture is a tiny bit smudgy and has taken on the look of an antique postcard with the chubby cherub cheeks and curls. Gorgy.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Last one's my favourite.

Kingston's so beautiful - especially in the summer.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

lovely. all of it.

12:37 AM  
Blogger SciFi Dad said...

Damn, now you're making me miss Kingston. Thanks a lot.

Looks like you had a fun time.

7:11 AM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

sounds like a great trip.
I love that last photo.
beautiful.
hope to see you tonight.

2:58 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Happy Birthday mchottie!

That first photo? Stunning.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love em, especially the last one.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.