metro mama

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Product Review: Boca Beth

Parent Bloggers NetworkMy Spanish is limited to the words I’ve needed to order beer during vacation. So, besides “hola!”, and “gracias, amigo!” Cakes isn’t about to learn much Espanol from me. Enter Boca Beth's language program.

We sampled one of the videos, I Like Animals! When I saw the running time was 50 minutes I figured it would take us 3-4 sittings to get through it. Not so. The extremely busy Cakes actually sat, spellbound, through the whole thing. We learned monkeys are called monos in Spanish. Cakes clapped with excitement as we watched wild and domestic animals cavort on the screen. She was thrilled when several children sang songs to learn how to count in Spanish.

During the interactive part of the program, we played along with our Boca puppet (provided) while we learned the Spanish words for our body parts and the shapes.

When we grew tired of the TV, I threw on the music CD and we sang and danced some more.

We had a good time with the products and I expanded my Spanish a little bit too!

Beth Butler, the creator of the program, has spent over 10 years in preschool and elementary school classrooms. She has lived in Chile and Mexico.

Check our Boca Beth’s website to sample the products for free.

Adios amigos!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Run ANC said...

I've read several reviews of this product on blogs, and the vote seems to be unanimous that it's good. I'll probably check it out.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I bought one of her song CDs after reading Builder Mama's review!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About Spanish, I studied for four years in JHS!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That's so cool that you guys loved it. I thik if we would have found it when Seth was younger, he would have been a complete crazy for it. He still liked it tho.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.