metro mama

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Good Mother Day

I had a good mother day at the park this afternoon. Instead of being an unorganized mess, I actually had my shit together.

When we arrived, a fellow mom and friend was struggling with an extraordinarily shitty child (the child’s diaper was shitty, I’m not calling her child shitty as in bad).

“You look like you could you some extra wipes,” I observe, whipping some out.

We parked the stroller and Cakes ran off with her ball, bucket and shovel, all of which I remembered to bring.

A short time later she was hungry and I gave her a rice cake and some water. When all the children gathered ‘round like seagulls, I was able to share, as I’d brought the whole package.

When Cakes became too hot with her long-sleeved undershirt beneath her hipster tee I was able to remove it as I had remembered the suntan lotion. She wore the hat that was on her head instead of on the closet floor at home.

Some other kid hit Cakes while her mother was busy chatting. I comforted her (Cakes).

Some other kid stole her pail and shovel. I magnanimously said not to worry.

When I noticed Cakes had a river of snot running from her nose into her mouth, I was able to wipe it away with a crumpled tissue (only used about twice) I had stowed in my pocket.

Two years into this gig and I’ve finally got it down.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Betsy Mae said...

perhaps you are ready for another! i can't believe i just said that either...i hate when people say that. i just couldn't resist.

8:24 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

you are too freakin funny.

8:58 PM  
Blogger motherbumper said...

I have yet to have that actually happen for me but I'm hoping!

9:05 PM  
Blogger NotSoSage said...

Isn't it awesome when it all works out like that? Never fear, though, pride certainly cometh before the fall. Good luck next time!

9:36 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

You have? I ALWAYS forgot the sand toys. ALWAYS.

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even the PM forgets the sand toys.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

metro is pure money. of course you are. game on, girl.

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forget the sand toys too. But now my son reminds me, and tells me which ones he wants to bring. Much better!

7:10 PM  
Blogger ewe are here said...

People actually make fun of me here because I keep our strollers 'pre-packed' for outings. Otherwise, it would take me forever to get out of the house in the morning.

sigh

I like the 'seagull' description. Dead on.

10:30 AM  
Blogger moplans said...

Nice Work! I'm w Mrs P. Time to have another and screw the whole thing up again.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.