metro mama

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Shopping About Town: Bloor West Village






I loathe malls and find shopping in them a chore. They're so stuffy and crowded. Each mall is the same as the next--I’d much rather shop in one of the city’s many neighbourhoods and make it a fun outing.

Bloor West Village is a great place to spend an afternoon. It is definitely a baby friendly neighbourhood (you will be negotiating your stroller around many others) and most of the shops are family friendly.

Start at Bloor and Jane at Smart Kids Toybox. Brands carried include Lamaze, Manhattan, Brio and Tiny Love. Let the kids play while the friendly staff help you find what you’re looking for. [read on]

7 Comments:

Blogger crazymumma said...

Next time you are West End side....give me a call and I will meet up with you.

I like Phils Bootery sale table!

Oh. and what you said about not being apologetic about the past. Perfect. Wish i had thought of those words.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Ohhh. Looks like a very cool place to go.

2:45 PM  
Blogger 11111111 said...

Uh, didn't Smart Kids Toybox shut?

11:25 PM  
Blogger Domestic Slackstress said...

Man, I'm really regretting living across the street from friggin' wal-mart!

12:34 AM  
Blogger Karla Zamora, Digital Analyst said...

I too love Phil's Bootery sale table...great shoes for the little ones.

BTW, Smart Kids Toybox did shut down.

Bloor West is one of the best neighbourhoods to have a kid...because you can get everything you need without having to drive anywhere.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I think I need to make a trip to Toronto sometime in the not-so-far future. Looks like a great place to visit!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

BWV is awesomeness squared - but next time you go, you've got to call me!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.