metro mama

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Save the Date

Dudes, it’s time for Toronto Bloggers to once again gather, drink and be merry. Mark March 9 on your calendars and book your babysitters now. It’s Something Blue’s birthday and we are going to par-tay.

Deets are coming soon.

***

Good Parents Pay

The Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services has a new website, Good Parents Pay where they post the pictures and personal information on deadbeat dads who’ve gone AWOL in the hopes they will shame them into crawling out of the woodwork.

I think it’s a great idea.

***

Amazing Race All Star

I’m very stoked about Amazing Race All Star. The teams are pretty fab. They’re brought back some of the most annoying, like Myrna and Shmirna, and Teri and Ian, as well as some of my favourites: David and Mary, Uchenna and Joyce, Ozwald and Danila, the beauty queens, and my very favourite reality whores (and pick to win) Rob and Amber.

Spoiler alert! I am so disappointed John Vito and Jill bit the dust already. I love those two and thought they’d be great competition for Rob and Amber.

Who do you want to win? Think will win?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger karengreeners said...

all good stuff here.

mommyblogger gettogether - check.

making shithead parents take some responsibility for their kids - check (how long until britney appears on this list)

amazing race all-stars - check. i still like rob and amber too.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Run ANC said...

A party? Good times.

Is this the same Rob and Amber of Survivor fame? If so, I thought they broke up??

12:08 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

I am so in! Even though I pooped out last weekend (sorrysorrysorry!).

4:42 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

march 9 is marked in my calendar in indelible black ink. are boys coming as well?

rob and amber of survivor?....gawd they were obnoxious but they made for good tv.
But I am not watching tv at all these days. weird. I think I need Prison Break re runs....

deadbeat dads, sadly, I have a friend who has to deal with one. Burn em at the stake I say!

4:46 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

I also have a friend (with twins no less) whose partner has not ever given her a cent. She is going to love that site.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Blog said...

I missed Amazing Race All Star!! I'm hoping they re-run the premiere...but, it's not looking like it.

I hope I can make it on the 9th!

12:06 AM  
Blogger ms blue said...

You are the sweetest! I'll be the one trying not to dance on the table. Or crawl under the table.

I was looking at that website yesterday. It took a long time to load but I was addicted to seeing what kind of person would skip out on their children. I hope it makes a big difference.

12:30 PM  
Blogger metro mama said...

crazymumma - boys are always welcome. Mine probably won't be able to make it though. We have no sitter plus he has to work in the morning.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO!??! I can't go on the 9th. I would have LOVED to. I have to volunteer at a dance for International Women's Day for the LGBTQ community. I'll be there from 6 - 2am so unless you are all still out after 2, I can't come :(

11:58 AM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

March 9 - check!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.