metro mama

Monday, December 18, 2006

Who Said Giving is Better Than Receiving?

* Updated below.

I have been reminded what sweet friends I have the last couple of days.

Today I put Cakes down her for her nap after which I checked my email and found this delightful Christmas banner from Christine. Don’t you love it!

Saturday, no sooner had I blogged about forsaking baking than my neighbour dropped by bearing homemade chocolate cookies with mint icing, drizzled with dark chocolate, and topped with crushed candy canes. Fucking-A!

Yesterday Penelope came by for coffee, and what did she bring? Homemade shortbread cookies with chocolate chips. Score!

I must have been good this year, ‘cause Santa’s come early.

sweet!


**

Update

Her Bad AuctionGiving is really better than receiving. I'm pleased to report Her Bad Auction raised over $3,000 for MD Canada. Thanks to all of you for your generosity.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...i'd be happy to come over and help you eat them...:)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

When you're full, I'll totally take the rest of those cookies off your hands.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Lady M said...

Mint icing and chocolate ... now I'm hungry.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting....mint icing. Tasty

1:25 AM  
Blogger moplans said...

yes sometimes it is better to receive. Especially yummy cookies.

7:42 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

mmmmm, looks good. I'll be over with the lattes later. Have great holidays!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your holiday banner is fantastic!

You know you are loved when homemade treats are delivered.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

receiving is very nice too.

very nice.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

The banner is awesome!

(And, yes, ditto on the auction comments. SO WONDERFUL.)

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely banner.

Mint icing sounds yummy.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping that karma trick would work for me. Other than a chocolate dreidel, (I'm not Jewish)I really haven't been blessed with the cookies this year. Lucky you!

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, those cookies look *tasty*! And the banner is fabulous! I love it. :)

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.