metro mama

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Getting to Know Meme

I’ve been tagged by sweet Mother Bumper for a mother-daughter meme. It’s a good thing too, I am at a loss what to write about today.

Five Things You May or May Not Know About Me

1. I blog about highbrow things like foreign films and the Giller Prize winner but I’m a big fan of the lowbrow too, like Jackass, the Evil Dead movies, and the Anne Rice dirty books.

2. Similar to number 1, I love good food, but I also love KFC, Taco Bell, McDonalds, and Kraft Dinner. If it weren’t for President’s Choice products, I would rarely put a meal on the table.

3. I am very anal about some aspects of housekeeping, such as vacuuming; however, there are some things I am oblivious to. For example, I can ignore the state of the car, the bathtub, and the fridge until they become so heinous BP cleans them.

4. I went on a huge spiritual kick in my twenties. I read all of James Redfield’s books and told everyone who would listen about them. I read all the stuff Oprah recommended, like Maya Angelou (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

5. My background is in IT, yet I loathe doing any kind of maintenance on our computer. Our virus software is outdated, I haven’t backed up in months, and our files are disorganized. I will do (almost) anything for my friends, but don’t come to me if your computer is acting up (I will make an excuse).



Five Things You May or May Not Know About Cakes


1. She laughs at her own farts (guess who taught her).

2. She does not stop moving the entire time she is awake. The good thing is, at night she is exhausted. When I put her down to bed, she is thankful—she smiles and waves bye-bye.

3. She is named after my favourite author. Her middle name is one of my favourite characters in literature. These names are also my husband’s twin sisters’ middle names.

4. She likes to eat frozen peas.

5. She can make kids twice her size and age cry. Without batting an eye.

Next, let’s get to know Penelope and Bumblebee better!


You want a piece of me?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I know her middle name. Any more hints?

8:19 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

love these, and really, who doesn't laugh at their own farts?

9:25 AM  
Blogger moplans said...

If it were not for presidents choice I have no idea how I would survive either.
However we are opposite housecleaners. I hate to vacumn but am obsessed with clean tubs. My husband thinks vacuming is cleaning too so maybe we are all one type or the other?

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah! cakes in big shoes! i love it!

12:32 PM  
Blogger metro mama said...

Bub and Pie: The heroine in question hooks up with our common favourite literary hero.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

love it.

i am an obsessive laundry-doer. but might never clean the tub.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bumper totally laughs at her own farts. And I love Kraft dinner, jackass and that whole cleaning thing? yah - me too. Excellent lists ladies, I learn more about you two all the time.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good thing to be able to laugh at your own farts. About Maya Angelou, I'm a corny and I eat that stuff up. I used to try to hide it, but then I just realized I had to embrace my inner cheese and stop trying to act to cool.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Those were some good lists. I like this tag!

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Evil Dead, KFC, teaching to laugh at Farts.

Yup- sounds really, really weird... to me ((whistling looking around))

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.