metro mama

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Celebrate Surviving Another Year of Parenthood

New Year’s Eve has changed for me over the years. Ten years ago, it meant a big house party, copious amounts of booze, and getting home at 4 a.m. after waiting two hours for a cab. Five years ago, it meant a two hundred dollar dinner, copious amounts of wine, and walking home in stilettos because we could not get a cab. I’m not interested in doing either of those things anymore, even if I could; however, I’m not ready to spend the evening watching the ball drop on my television. You see, my birthday is New Year’s Eve, so I’m extra celebratory that day. I feel compelled to do something special. [read on]

***

Don't forget to check in at Mommy Blogs Toronto - two new posts today!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go girl. it sounds absolutely perfect.

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be having a lowkey New Years as we are flying out the next morning for our 'rents/inlaws visit.

Tomorrow we are checking out Kobu Radio for brunch with the girl! Love your ideas on mbtoronto.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we're content to hang as a foursome this New Year's Eve. (Which, hopefully, turns into a twosome. Wink-wink.)

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea to dress up, even for an evening for just the two (plus little one asleep) of us.

Happy Birthday!

2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Happy New Year to you! And what's more ... Happy Birthday!!!!!!! Enjoy :)

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.