metro mama

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Because Tissue and Bows Are Over-Rated

Big Papa has two sisters. They are both so cool and laidback and I love our easy relationship. None of us (including their husbands) are ones to stand on ceremony. We forgot to call each other on every single birthday this year. I don’t think I’ve ever received a birthday card (or sent one). This Christmas is no exception. BP and I purchased gifts, but still have not got them in the mail. One sister gave us our gift months ago – a selection of wines in an unwrapped cardboard box (we sure have been enjoying them). Last night we received this package from my other sister-in-law, with no card or wrapping, the sender identifiable only by the return address:







The port was in the original liquor store bag. I love it.

Though we don’t show our affection with carefully wrapped presents and thoughtful little notes, we love each other very much. I wish we lived a little closer together because we’re sure going to miss them this Christmas.

Happy Holidays, M and A. Love you. See you soon.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a ride-on bug for Cakes? I love it. Merry Christmas MM, BP and Cakes - all the best in 2007.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband would wrap presents the same way, if I let him. It is environmentally friendly, after all!

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are the best kind of relationships, aren't they? No pressure, no drama.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thought behind the gift means way more than a fancy package. Those are lovely gifts!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

My husband's sister and brother (and us too) are the same way. I'm amazed that this year we sent our nephews xmas presents out in time and received theirs yesterday. And everything was wrapped! Maybe we're growing up or something? Naaahh.

8:39 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

I love love love them. i obviously know M more than A. But all i know is M makes my heart sing. My girls think the sun shines out of her bits and swarm her and will not leave her side when she visits. Real is all I can say. True and real.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I like your new picture up there!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

i love those relationships - the ones that are so easy. so easy.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just perfect. I wish I had this kind of reltationship with my sister in laws.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Awww. Your sister-in-laws sound great. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Blog said...

Happy holidays! What IS that caterpillar thing!? Is it fun? Does Cakes like it! Never seen anything like it!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.