metro mama

Monday, October 02, 2006

September Perfect Post and Happy 100 to Me!

This marks my 100th post! A perfect occasion to award my very first Perfect Post award.

My perfect post nomination for September is Sunshine Scribe's The Call That Changed My Life. In this post, Sandra describes a pivotal moment in her life: being diagnosed with cancer at age twenty. Thankfully, the diagnosis turned out to be wrong, but Sandra’s reaction to it speaks volumes about her strength and courage. Here’s a small excerpt:

So I did the only thing that I knew how. I took out my note book and started writing. I wrote through my fears and confusion. I wrote through my emerging anger and disbelief. I wrote through my need to protect the people around me. And I started planning. Not for dying but for living.

If you haven’t read this moving, inspiring story yet, you can find it here.

You can read more Perfect Posts at Suburban Turmoil and Petroville.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good choice! I had my heart in my throat the whole time I read that post of hers.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I am so so very touched that you nominated my story. I sincerely cannot thank you enough. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. Still not enough. You are the best :)

8:05 AM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Great choice! I loved that post of Sandra's.

And happy 100 to you!

8:57 AM  
Blogger cinnamon gurl said...

Happy 100! I'm at 99 myself, although I only started blogging in late July.

10:57 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

congrats on #100!

12:04 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Sunshine's post was very moving. Congrats on your 100th...

I'll go on over and read more moving stuff later. Being consumed by yet another playdate....

1:01 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Hey congrats on #100
I also found that post gripping.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant choice! I completely agree that Sandra's inspiring words do make A Perfect Post.

Happy 100th! Here's to many, many more...

4:14 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

congratulations - for the 100th and for also being such a strong voice in the blog world. i keep coming back to you again and again.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 100! And here's to 100 more, and then 100 more...

I haven't read the post you nominated, but I will go check it out. Sounds amazing.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Lady M said...

Thanks for the link - that was a post worth awarding.

Congrats on 100 and more to come!

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.