metro mama

Monday, September 18, 2006

Keeping it Light Today

A few pop culture ramblings to lighten up the mood 'round here...

Prison Break

Prison Break keeps getting better and better. Now that the convicts are over the wall, there is a huge cash reward for their hides, and all of America is in on the hunt—it’s all very Running Man. William Fichtner is a great addition to the cast as intelligent, relentless FBI Agent Mahone. If you haven't been watching, rent the DVDs (would be a smashing way to spend the upcoming cold winter nights).

Amazing Race

Did anyone else watch the Amazing Race premiere? It is one of the two reality shows I allow myself (the other one being So You Think You Can Dance). This promises to be another great season. They started off in Beijing. As always, there are plenty of people to make fun of: the drug addicts turned models; Ms. New York and Ms. LA. I (and many others, I’m sure) will be rooting for Sarah, who scaled the Great Wall of China with a prosthetic leg. Go, Sarah!

Meme: My all-time 10 best TV characters

The Guys

1. Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: As Bub and Pie says, “oh yes.”
2. Michael Scofield, Prison Break: Smart, sexy, sincere.
3. Doug Ross, ER: Suave, sexy surgeon. I like.
4. Nate Fischer, Six Feet Under: I love complicated characters.
5. Tommy Gavin, Rescue Me: Complicated and a firefighter! ‘Nuff said.

The Gals

6. Jenny Shecter, The L-Word: Just love watching this train wreck.
7. Karen Walker, Will and Grace: Crazy lush. Love her.
8. Ruth Fischer, Six Feet Under: Slut.
9. Samantha Jones, Sex and the City: Slut.
10. Amanda Woodward, Melrose Place: Slut Bitch! You go girl!

I tag and Crazy Mumma and Penelope.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger sc@vp said...

we just finished Season 1 of Prison Break ... waiting until Season 2 comes out on DVD ... cuz we can't stand waiting to watch episodes ...

8:10 AM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

God, I can't tell you how much I love Karen Walker. I think she and Jack could have easily held their own show without Will and Grace.

9:41 AM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

ooh, thanks! this one will be fun.
how did I miss the premiere of amazing race? probably the same way I missed the premier of survivor on thursday - staying up till all hours of the night with dvds of grey's anatomy, trying to catch up on season 2 before season 3 starts.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Wow - concise, to the point, and I can't stop laughing.

But Samantha? I know she's supposed to be the best character, so great, la la la, but I've always found Kim Cattrall's acting kind of painful to watch.

(It's probably not in the spirit of the meme the way I keep going around trashing other people's choices, but Mouse came up with a great rebuttal to my slam on Xander, so maybe you'll convince me of Samantha's merits!)

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tag me, damnit! i want to do this...oh, maybe i'll do it for thursday thirteen...


i watched amazing race. how could i not? i still love this show, even after the whole family edition fiasco. i think it's going to be great, although i was upset to see the philiminations this week. they were both interesting. would have liked to have seen more of them. they could have gotten rid of the cheerleaders..

12:06 PM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

oooohhhh, I am so excited, I've never been tagged before! Must get on that instead folding my mountain of laundry...

12:43 PM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

My all-time best character's would be sitcom stars who went to rehab at least 3 times in their life.

12:43 PM  
Blogger metro mama said...

B&P: Yes, Mouse wrote an excellent defense of Xander (she almost had me convinced but I still went with Spike).

Why do I love Samantha? I love her fuck-you attitude, her appetite for life, her outspokenness, her refusal to be "a lady", her loyalty to friends, and her toughness. Plus she ended up with Jerry at the end, lucky girl.

Miranda is a close second for me. In my opinion, she is the character who developed the most (motherhood tends to do that).

1:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Whenever I see a promo for Prison Break on tv, I think of you!

6:24 PM  
Blogger motherbumper said...

I think it's hilarious that you love all the slut characters! I love them too! I think I'm gonna have to check out prison break, I've heard from a few different fronts that it's really good.

7:17 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

S**$T I have to finish mine still

8:44 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Its too hard. I can't remember anything that happened before my child was born and the pressure of bup and pie coming by to critique your choices. aye

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God! I'm not the only mom who is having X-rated fantasies about Michael Scofield!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

For whatever reason, your posts from the past few days weren't coming up for me, so I'm only just now seeing this.

I'm not a big fan of Jenny on The L-Word, but that's exactly because of the train wreck effect. And yes, I still watch because I do want to see what she ends up in next.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.