metro mama

Thursday, September 28, 2006

13 Things I Regret




I don’t believe people who say they have no regrets. I don't dwell on mine—I hardly ever think about them; however, sadly, I was able to come with thirteen. Here they are:

1. Not being a better student in my teens and twenties.
2. Not being nicer to my mother in my teens.
3. Not getting a tattoo when I was younger—if I get one now, everyone will think I’m having a mid-life crisis.
4. Not travelling more in my teens and twenties.
5. All the money I spent on cigarettes in my teens and twenties.
6. All the times I drank enough to throw up (unfortunately, this is not limited to my teens and twenties).
7. Losing my virginity too young, unceremoniously.
8. Not cuddling Cakes more when she was a baby.
9. Not selling my stocks that just went from $10 to $2.
10. Not watching Grey’s Anatomy when it first started—I’m too far behind now.
11. The big piece of pie I ate last night.
12. Not doing any creative writing between the ages 12 and 33.
13. Not keeping in touch with old friends.

What are your regrets?



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Baby in the City said...

If I do a post like this I'll only need to do 8 because your 1 through 5 would do me just fine. Those teen n' twenties are tough eh? I thought I had the world figured, knew what I wanted. Then I turned 30.

I think many people regret not keeping in touch with old friends which makes it pretty safe to just call them up again out of the blue. I bet if you tracked them down, they'd be happy to hear from you.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care if it's a mid-life crisis, I'm GOING to get my first tattoo within the next five years.

I just started watching Grey's Anatomy this week. I'm already 6 episodes in and I'm totally addicted.

I ate pie last night too!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

everybody has regrets. and oh my gosh, i have sooo many. too many to fit into a thursday thirteen - i'm sure.

it's NEVER too late to start watching Grey's! i have them on dvd if you are interested!

8:51 AM  
Blogger crazymumma said...

Don't. Even. Know. Where. To. Start.

Don't regret teh pie. It's good for you. Really.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

i still think you should get the tattoo..screw em if they don't get it.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have too many regrets in my life...but like you, I don't want to think about them anymore or else I'd get really bummed the whole day and would want to eat lots of chocolate like there's no tomorrow...so...thanks for linking to my TT, please do comment =)

12:56 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

I don't have that many regrets, but the ones I have are doozies. they are intertwined with all sorts of guilt and really, i don't want to harsh your post, so i'll just leave it at that.

and your #9? I thought that one of my regrets would be selling at $9.32 - can i get a 'hell ya!'?

p.s. get that freakin' tattoo; i'll come with - i'm ready for my next!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Haute Mama said...

I really really don't have any regrets..really! I wouldn't know who I am -- without making stupid mistakes.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

#2 and #7 are regrets of mine as well. I was a moody, bratty teen, and I don't know how my mom put up with me.

7:56 PM  
Blogger cinnamon gurl said...

I share 3 and 4. I find 8 intriguing. My son has us trained... he's sleeping on my husband's lap as I type at nearly 8 months old and he takes 90% of his naps in the sling while I read, watch tv, blog or otherwise laze about. I have wondered this whole time if we've been doing the wrong thing, taking the easy way out. I'm sorry that your regret makes me feel better about this.
And you can start Grey's Anatomy any time. In fact tonight's a great time to start because then you can catch up on everything else on dvd (or you can download it and watch it on your computer like I do while my baby sleeps on my lap). It's so great. I lurv it! I'm ashamed to say I'm nearly caught up and I only started trying to catch up a few weeks ago.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

Man, I have way more than that and they all happened in H.S. and in college.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I don't believe people who say they have no regrets either. I have a long list as well actually. Like not having more fun in highschool, not dating some of the jerks I did, not meeting my biological father before he died, not studying what I wanted to at university, not doing so many, many things.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My one big regret is when I lost my virginity. I was way too young. I wish I'd waited.

3:39 PM  
Blogger scarbie doll said...

I have three:

1. Never lived on my own before I got married. (How old school is that?)

2. Never finished university (this one I have I can remedy in the future. You're the inspiration)

3. Didn't move to London, England when the Dog was living there and invited me to live with him. Mostly because I was chicken shit to piss off my middle eastern parents. (Same reason for #1)

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.