metro mama

Sunday, August 27, 2006

What Happens When Toronto Bloggers Get Together

Gabbing





Drinking




Posing







Clicking



It was another fab night out for Toronto mama bloggers. Like last time, the conversation flowed as easily as the gin. I met the ladies at 6 pm and didn't roll in the door until 3 am (it's been a long time since I've done that).

One of the conversations we had was how most bloggers are, in person, exactly as you imagine them to be. That sure is true of our TO Mamas: Jana is so cool (and has gorgeous hair by the way); Nadine is hilarious and outspoken; all of the women are intelligent, articulate, and fun (sorry for not linking everyone up, but I'm tired and a little hungover and I need to finish this in time to squeeze in a nap before Cakes wakes up).

Another conversation we had was about why we all started blogging. My motivation was to practice writing, with faint hope I might meet a like-minded woman or two. I never dreamt I'd meet twelve.

Many thanks to Tania and Catherine for organizing the event. Thanks to the super-cool 10 Spot:



For those who missed this one--we're doing it again soon. NO EXCUSES! Hope to meet you soon.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger motherbumper said...

Yup - I hear you on that hangover thang. So much fun, too many links to create, but my nails never looked so great. So glad we got to meet up in person and I can't wait until the next time.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

3 am!!! I had been asleep for an hour by that time! And not hung over either... But I bet I missed lots of fun stuff. ;( Next time I'll do an overnighter.

2:09 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

It was too much fun and I'm paying the price today, but it was so worth it. Thanks for the kind words. Right back at ya!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Great pics.

I had so much fun. But I am exhausted today ... so worth it though :)

3:53 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

Ugh, I am feeling the pain right with you, honey! Thankfully misterpie was gracious and took over for a few hours and let me sleep. Good to see you and the others again, and as I've said ot a few people now, once I get my act together in our soon-to-be-acquired main floor, I am having an afternoon barbeque avec kids.

8:52 PM  
Blogger moplans said...

Hey it was so great to meet you.
I'm not sure what amazes me more - that I managed to stay up so late or how everyone was even more fun than I thought they would be.
I've been at the in-laws all day and was dying to see what got posted.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

ah. i'm sorry i missed it. it would be soo cool to meet everyone in person!
i'll make the next one!! :)

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next. Time.

I am so there.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much FUN!!!! I haven't been to a bloggers meeting. Maybe I will in Florida or NY??

Hmm, like the modern decor:)

2:13 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

WAIT!! Who's who??

2:34 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Unfortunatley I live on the other side of Canada or I would love to go!

Thanks for stopping by my site

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I am madly jealous!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I am sooo glad that I went. In certain situations I can be quite the little gadabout girl but I just about jammed - nerves and all.

Anyhow, it was fun and great to meet everybody and I look forward to future soirees.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

It looks like it was so much fun! Glad you all had a chance to enjoy some time sans baby.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://blog.welover.org/?u=celexa]Celexa[/url]
Celexa for you.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.