metro mama

Friday, June 16, 2006

A Tribute to Big Papa

With Father’s Day fast approaching, I though it timely to sing the accolades of Big Papa.

BP spends a lot of time with Cakes. He’s never too intimidated to hang with all the mamas at the park. He does his share of night duty. He is patient, attentive, and so loving with her (and me).

BP does 90% of the cooking and grocery shopping. I would eat pasta every night if it weren’t for him. When I do cook, he finds something good to say about my efforts.

BP notices when I have cleaned the house and always praises my work. He thanks me when I finally do the laundry (he’s often wearing his satin Christmas boxers by then).

Big Papa is good with money but not cheap. He cares little for material things. He doesn’t mind owning an eight-year-old car (and having to bike to work because I’m using our only car).

BP was so sensitive when I was trying to decide whether or not to go back to work. He would have supported either decision (but was happy I chose to stay home).

BP is thoughtful, smart, kind, compassionate, passionate, and indulgent.

Big Papa is a hottie.

BP has patiently assembled many items from Ikea.

Big Papa is dedicated to his family and his work, but his family comes first.

Big Papa, if you’re reading (I know you are), we love you and Happy Father’s Day!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Pendullum said...

What a great shot... Truly Beautiful!
What a perfect Father's Day gift...
It's A Wonderful Life...
Enjoy the day together...

1:17 PM  
Blogger motherbumper said...

This is a wonderful tribute to BP. I hope you don't mind but you've inspired me to do the same.

Happy Father's Day BP!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I was about to write, "ooh, he IS a hottie!" and then I got to the part where you mention that he reads this blog. So. Um. Nice post.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Haute Mama said...

Just came across your blog..beautiful tribute! Thanks for inspiring me to do the same (;

9:19 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

What a sweet tribute! Happy father's day, BP!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Big Papa patiently assembled many items from Ikea??

Keep him! Keep him! LOL

P.S. very cute picture :)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Gabriella said...

What a great Dad!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

(sighing at gorgeous picture)

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.