metro mama

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

On Comments

Yesterday, a friend of mine asked if I liked comments on the blog.

Do babies like to eat dirt?

Of course, I love getting comments.

I read several blogs now. I would really like my comments on other blogs to be more thoughtful; however, being so short of time, to do so would leave no time to do my own blogging. I try to do quick comments just to let the writer know I'm reading.

That said, I love all of your comments, big and small.

I realize it would be easier to comment if I wrote something more substantial than what we ate and drank that day (coming soon, I promise!)

Also, you don't have to agree with me. If you have a difference of opinion, I'd love to hear it. I'm pretty open-minded--you may even change my mind. Feel free to do your own post and link to it in my comments. As HBM says, let's banish the term "link-whoring" (or embrace it).

If you prefer to lurk, that's cool too.

Happy commenting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

I was just reading an "ask me some questions" post over at Friday Playdate and I thought about asking, "Do you want more commenters, or do you feel you already have enough?" And then I realized what a phenomenally stupid question that is. (In the unlikely event that she actually DOESN'T want anymore comments, she would scarcely be ungracious enough to SAY so.)

There! A comment for ya! (You're welcome.)

3:57 PM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Yep, comments rock.

So does link-whoring. Loves me the blog hussies. How else I am supposed to know who's working the room?

11:02 PM  
Blogger petite gourmand said...

I have to admit,
I rarely comment.
so many blogs to read, so little time.
I also don't have a blog roll...so I guess I'm not really a bogging social butterfly. must work on that.
But there are some really fantastic blogs out there that I love to read. (yours included)
there...a comment.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.