metro mama

Monday, June 26, 2006

The Breast of Times and the Worst of Times

A year ago, I was sporting 40 pounds of post-pregnancy weight.

I was not a pretty sight--my boobs however, were fucking fantastic (38D!)

I was always a 36B chick. The girls were smallish but perky, and like they say, more than a handful’s a waste.

They were nothing special, but nothing to be ashamed about either.

When I was pregnant, I loved having huge boobs. That was the only good thing about pregnancy for me.

Fast forward one year. Today I have finally shed that 40 pounds but I have lost the lovely bosoms.

My stacked set has been replaced by a couple of flaccid empty pouches.

Oh, the injustice.

It’s been such a tumultuous year for the girls. Full of ups and downs.

I think they’re beyond recovery. They’re sagging with defeat.

They have capitulated.

My only question is, what happens if I do this baby making thing again? Can they sink to new lows? How low can they go?

8 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Boy do I ever want to know the answer to that question.

It has been the hardest thing to reconcile about the body changes post baby. I too am a smallish chested girl who was in love with her new found cleavage while pregnant and breast feeding only to be shocked to see a pair of deflated balloons in their place. I'll never go without underwire again. Sigh.

6:44 AM  
Blogger motherbumper said...

I mourn the lose of the ladies perk everytime I see myself niked. I too wonder how much more south can they point. I swear they are empty sometimes!!!! Sigh is right.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't say I can relate, other than that if I ever do have a baby, if they can reduce to anything smaller than they are now, I will be amazed!

Metro Mama: PLEASE CALL ME AT WORK ASAP

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um.. would help if you knew who to call...it's your neighbour!

12:19 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

uh, never mind the boobs; i just read the father's day gift suggestion you made to ninepounddictator -you made coffee come out of my nose.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

When I was weaning (suddenly and explosively) I was in so much pain, but oh! they were nice (in an aggressive kind of way). At least you get them back out on loan with the next pregnancy...

3:34 PM  
Blogger Village Mama said...

Oh how I feel your pain! I didn't think I could get smaller than I was prepregnancy, but boy was I wrong - and I still have 5 baby pounds to lose. If only they were in my boobs I really wouldn't mind!!

8:41 PM  
Blogger kittenpie said...

A word of optimism - my girls have made something of a comeback about six months after weaning. Right after weaning I literally cried one day when I caught sight of them in a mirror, but they're sort of okay now, except the stretch marks which can't be helped.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.